Even though Microsoft no longer supports WMDC you can install the software on Windows 8 or 10 to communicate with the remote barcode devices.
1. Download WMDC for 32-bit or 64-bit based on the version of Windows installed:
If the installation stops or fails look at the troubleshooting links below.
- Click on “START”
- Type “SERVICES”
- Select “Windows Mobile 2003 based device connectivity”
- Turn OFF the service
- Right click on “Windows Mobile 2003 based device connectivity” and select Properties
- Under the “Log On” tab, select “Local system account”
- Start the service back up